HOME BLOOD TEST KIT – INFECTION PROFILE 1
Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea are the two most common STIs.
Both infections can be symptomless and the only way to detect them is with a test.
Early detection is crucial in reducing any long-term consequences
SYMPTOMS OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Painful urination
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Rash on the genitals and/or anus
- Itching or irritation on the genitals and/or anus
- Unusual lumps or bumps around the genitals and/or anus
- Change in colour of the male or female discharge
- Abnormal discharge in terms of smell, consistency or volume
- Strong vaginal odour
- Painful erections
Chlamydia is an infection caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia can be contracted through sexual contact and generally shows no symptoms. Check with a home blood test kit for Chlamydia
Gonorrhoea is a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. It is transmitted through sexual contact and most commonly causes a yellowish discharge in men and is asymptomatic in women. Check for Gonorrhoea with a home blood test kit.
WHEN TO TAKE A HOME BLOOD TEST
STIs can take a period of time to become detectable. This is called the window period. You should wait at least 2 weeks from the time of potential exposure to infection before taking this test.